Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I'm giving up vs. what I'm getting

This is lemon gelato. Creamy, sweet, delicious, incredibly refreshing on a hot day. It's also the last lemon gelato I'll be having for a while.

Starting Tuesday, I'm changing everything. I don't know the details of the new diet & exercise plan I'll be doing, but I can bet that there is no "lemon gelato" allotment. (Right, Patrick?)

It's time to make some real changes, to commit to getting myself in better shape. To ease back on the sugar and ramp up the activity. I know what I'm giving up -- but at this point, my idea of what I'll be getting in return is a little more amorphous. My hope is that I'll be more energetic, more confident, and a few pounds lighter. I'm going to take it on faith that even if I don't know what I'm getting, I'm going to be glad I did this.

90 days. The lemon gelato will be there on the other side, if I still want it. We've got a great group all starting this together. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can all do.

3 comments:

  1. haha , just remember that Nothing tastes as good as peak condition feels...an old twist on a slightly less healthy kate moss quote.

    I beleive in YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as someone who has a deep and passionate relationship with ice cream, I feel your pain with that lemon gelato. but Royce is right - we are going to achieve so much more than the satisfaction of that taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Goodbye darling. Soft vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate in cone. We had our fun. Well...I did. You got eaten. You melted and dropped all over my hands. Sigh. Memories....

    ReplyDelete