Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 64: Sweet rewards

I just went to look for some new pants -- I have maybe two pair that fit me decently, and one of those I bought while I was on vacation last week. I've been rocking the baggy yoga pants lately, which is just too, too sad, especially for a stay-at-home mom who doesn't want to look like one. :) I hit up my local TJ Maxx -- the most awesome store in the world, in my opinion -- and... jackpot!

Didn't really find the lightweight pants I was looking for BUT I found some fabulous jeans that actually FIT me well, plus a couple of cute t-shirts. (Most of my shirts are too baggy now, too, but the pants situation is worse.) The real winner, though, was a totally smokin' Calvin Klein cocktail dress -- black, one-shouldered, fits like a dream. And did I mention it was $40? I'm not sure where I'm going to wear it, but if I don't find a party to go to soon, I'll be the best-dressed woman at the grocery store. (I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow.)

It is so, so nice to find clothes that fit me well. I have a pretty curvy shape, no matter what my weight, and I tend to carry most of my weight in my lower body: hips, thighs, and butt. So finding clothes that fit can be a real challenge, especially dresses. If it fits in the butt and hips, it'll be too big on top. But today I was trying on things in the next size down from what I normally get, AND just about everything worked! I don't really care about the number on the tag as much as I just want it to fit well. This is a real, tangible, visible result of my hard work and it feels great!

Today's workout was a killer! It took me a little over an hour today, too, as I had to lie on the floor whimpering after the floor jumps. I actually fell down in the middle of the last set -- the legs just gave out. I hopped back up as soon as I could and finished the set, plus a couple extra ones. Felt like things moved more quickly today, though, with more reps of fewer exercises. Dare I say I actually felt good afterwards...? Yes, yes I do.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, Tara!! There's nothing quite like that feeling of trying on clothes in a store that fit *perfectly* - go you! Looking forward to pics of the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Tara!!!!! I am inspired by you - i'm going to try to go to a clothes store this week to try on some stuff and see what the deal is. Wonderful feeling that must have been for you - so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ Maxx is my favorite store too. I call going there "treasure hunting" because most of it is awful but there's always that one thing that fits you perfectly, is totally cool, and costs like 15 bucks.

    At the end we've gotta get the obligatory "old pants" shot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to see that dress. And the old pants shot! You are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaay!! Tara!!!
    It's so exciting !
    I can't wait to see your picture !!!
    Is the dress like Kate W is wearing ?

    Oh it would be nice If we could have a PCP graduation in our best dress/suits !!!

    ReplyDelete