Monday, August 23, 2010

Kick me, please!

Here we go, blogging it out:

So we only have a few days left of this thing, and I'm so proud of all of us. Each one of us has taken on our own habits and neuroses, and we've pushed through the pain and the fatigue and the "I can't" and the "I don't wanna." Each one of us has changed, inside and out. Awesome job, everybody!

Wait -- why does this sound like a Day 90 post? Because I'm getting a case of senioritis. Remember that? Only a few months left to go in that last year of school, and your every impulse is to just coast till the end. That's kind of how I'm feeling today. Today's jumprope was just fine, enjoyable even. We're getting these emails from Patrick that are going to help us keep up our success in the post-PCP world, and part of me is already there. Add to that, I am pretty scared by this week's workouts, and I am inclined to just...kinda...wait out the next few days. I wouldn't dream of skipping a workout or going on an eating rampage, but I can tell that my natural laziness is trying to surface, and I could very possibly take it easy until Day 90. I should also mention that I have a couple of big writing deadlines coming up this week, so there's additional pressure to slack a bit on PCP world.

So, I respectfully ask you, my PCP teammates (and anyone else who is reading this) to kick me in the ass. I want to finish this 90 days feeling really strong. I want to surprise myself again, even in this last week. I want to surmount my tendency to retreat in the face of a challenge. I want to do more, and do better, than I think I can do right now. I want my will to be strong and my goal to be clear.

Let the ass-kicking begin. (And let me know if you need yours kicked!)

5 comments:

  1. You're going to taint your PCP journey if you finish like a wimp. People tend to form their memories based on the very last part of an experience. Are you really going to sabotage your sense of pride and accomplishment by cashing out early. COME ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty girl...!!! Get that ass up off the couch and move!!!!!!

    he he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. A swift one, from me to you!
    :-)

    I needed one this past week, with too many unlawful snackies here and there, but I think I tamed that beast with a do-over on my final indulgence. But, you can still kick me in the ass. Just be careful you don't hurt your foot on impact....OH, SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No laziness from you! Now, go to my latest post, scroll past all the depressing shit and watch the video at the end. If that doesn't make my want to work your hardest, well, I got nothin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dig deep: I am picturing the BIGGEST Tara Anderson grin on day 90.

    ReplyDelete