Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 67: Wrecked!

That's how I felt after today's workout. Yikes, was it tough! Those long sets of creep are killer. Anybody watching would literally think I'm dead for about 30 seconds after I finish: I'm just sprawled face-down on the floor. Legs, shoulders and abs all in one day means that no part of my body is spared the soreness.

Unbelievably, though, none of this is complaining. I'm not objecting to the difficulty or the soreness or the fatigue I'm feeling now. Those things are all facts, and I'm not resisting them. Today, at least, I'm feeling pain but not suffering. How interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes I know what you mean by "Those things are all facts and I' not resisting them." Workout is getting tougher and tougher but it is part of our life now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That workout wrecked me, too! I crawled into the hammock for 2 hours afterwards. :)

    I'm caught up on your week. You're sounding much more excited by the workouts! And, you're looking amazing in that sexy, slinky dress. Your husband must have been drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...

    pain is simply a message from one part of the body to the other
    suffering is the mind's interpretation of that message

    We are looking for muscle fatigue and should welcome it when it comes
    it is the goal
    therefore not suffering
    but success

    ReplyDelete