Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 88: A simple plan

Here's my simple plan for getting through 5 sets of any exercise:

Before first set: OK, this'll take a while, but I can get through it all.

After first set: No problem! Barely felt it.

After second set: Yikes, that's starting to hurt. I'm never going to make it through 5 sets. F*** it, I'm only doing three sets.

After third set: Ouch! But I'm going to feel bad if I wuss out after 3 sets. OK, fine I'll do four sets, but that's IT.

After fourth set: &*%^$! That hurts! But if I just do ONE MORE set, I'll be done. OK, fine.

After fifth set: Woo hoo! I did it!

Works every time. :-)

P.S. The "temporary" smaller pants I bought at the outlet mall in Florida a month ago are now huge in the waist. I officially have nothing to wear but jeans and yoga pants. Yay? Yay.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!

    I go through a very similar process when I do the sets. I was hating abs this morning for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about the pants. See how much you can do in the last month!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you this morning thru the crazy supersets! i had your same thoughts and i kept thinking about how you plow thru and do it, so i did too. thanks Tara - always an inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you get into my brain? i have the same exact thoughts about 5 sets of anything.

    ReplyDelete