Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 65: The Dress

Well, here it is! Imagine this picture with better hair & makeup, as opposed to this snapshot taken hastily at the end of a busy day. But the dress is fab, no? It wasn't until Naoko mentioned it that I realized the one-shouldered dress is not unlike the dress that Kate Winslet is wearing up there in my blog banner. Something subliminal, maybe? Anyway, it's pretty exciting to be able to wear something like this. And it's well-made enough that I would be able to have it taken in someday if necessary. ;-)

Just one other thought before I run off to do today's workout: I was making a quick run to the grocery store this morning (yogurt, eggs, chicken) and I happened to pass by the frozen dinners. Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, all those things I used to eat. Miniscule portions of salty, processed horribleness. I think Woody Allen had a joke about people complaining about the food at a Catskills resort -- it tastes awful, and the portions are so small!


Mmmmm, doesn't that look delicious, kittens? I used to eat this kind of thing when I was on my own for dinner and didn't feel like cooking, or I would bring it to the office for lunch. As I passed by the freezer case, I just felt this intense wave of gratitude that I'm not eating that shit anymore. Seriously. It's not good for me (or anyone) in any way. It makes me sad now that people who are trying to lose weight think that they have to eat this stuff instead of some actual food.

OK, gotta run, jump rope is calling!

12 comments:

  1. hot mama! love the dress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is great and you look gorgeous in it. And I hear you on the lean cuisines. The office frige is a sea of that crap and it just makes me sad for all of those who are eating them

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look fantastic! that dress really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers. now thats how a LBD should be done! gorgeous. and you are glowing.
    i passed by the supermarket ready meals counter last night, it actually made me feel nauseous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your triceps sure look good. People don't understand that if you have a good triceps your whole arm looks HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooo!
    You look fabulous!
    The dress is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS dress! love the wonder woman pose! yer workin it!

    bahaha that tv dinner shit!

    God, nothing compares to real foods. Had this guy come into the market last night to talk to me about the important of a NON GMO DIET! and was complaining " THERE IS NOTHING TO EAT LEFT!, I HAVE TO STACK UP ON THESE GLUTEN FREE PITA CHIPS AND CEREALS, THERE REALY IS NOTHING ELSE!" and i'm like " Listen...have you tried the PRODUCE AISLE?" and he was so confused " i mean, reaaal food AND WHAT ABOUT THE CHEMICALS GROWING THE VEGETABLES? EVEN THE ORGANICS!?"...it really annoys me how people can stress about the health harms of vegetables and have an entire shopping cart of pita chips and gluten free pies and cakes and frozen lasagnas...YAY TO VEGGIES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, Tara! You are SMOKIN' HOT in that dress! Agreed about the triceps - plus the one shouldered thang also shows off your opposite shoulder so nicely! I hope your hubby takes you out on a hot date soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw you look gorgeous! i love that dress, go tara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is the last word in sophistication -- and really shows off your toned arms to advantage! And if you do eventually get it taken in (which I suspect you will...), you'll feel even more smug that you only paid $40 for it in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talbots?

    What I like about the picture is the energy you give off - pride happy sexy happy to be me thing that jumps right out of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Dress and it fits you so well.

    ReplyDelete