Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 32: Sore but smiling

Three quick thoughts for this morning, before I go do my workout:

1. I'm sore! I haven't been this sore since the first week, but yesterday and today I'm sore all over. I think that doubling up on the exercises, as we've started doing this week, has been a shock to my body. As usual, I'm of two minds on this: I'm glad that I'm sore because it means I'm doing something, and being sore makes it harder to get started on the next workout. I crawled out of bed this morning and got some ibuprofen, feeling better now.

2. Sugar craving insanity! I don't know what's going on with me this week, but I'm reallllly wanting some sugar. It's what I reach for when I'm stressed, and I've had a few rough days this week. And for some reason, I keep finding myself in the grocery store around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, picking up some carrots or some milk or whatever, and the candy is just speaking to me. I have managed to stay away and I'm very proud of myself. I even found a container of gumdrops in the back of my pantry that I had completely forgotten about, and I had a moment of "Oh, just one...." but instead I THREW THEM AWAY. With great effort, I'm managing my behavior, but still struggling internally with this habit.

3. Smaller pants! I put on my jeans this morning and just decided they looked too droopy to wear. Tried on some other jeans -- even worse! Woo hoo! Dug deep, to the bottom of a basket, for some pants I haven't been able to wear in a few years, and they EASILY went on. They're a size smaller than what I've been wearing in the last couple of years. One of the reasons that I started the PCP is that I refused to buy new clothes -- my larger stuff wasn't fitting well but I was NOT going to spend money on even bigger things. Looks like I need to go shopping again... but I think I'll wait until the end of August. :) It's wonderful to have this reinforcement that the soreness and the no-sugar plan are worth all the effort.

Happy Friday, everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tara! It's nice to know the soreness will go away at least for a bit. Also, way to go with all your success, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have strong weeks followed by sore weeks. That's PCP life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wait til August to do all your shopping - you should have a pair of jeans that make you feel fabulous now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the smaller pants milestone! that's such great motivation - good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sore, too!

    Congrats on the smaller pants!

    My smaller jeans are also in the closet waiting for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for fitting into your smaller pants, thats great! im sore on and off too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo, tara! i've been sore this week, too...a new muscle group everyday. my back today. i almost cried again this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete