Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 61: Krazy Kravings

What is going on the past couple of days? Craving salt and sugar like nobody's business. I thought I was past this! The only reason I can think of is that it's a certain time of the month. Maybe that's causing it? I don't know if Patrick can speak to this, but maybe the ladies in the group have some insight. I usually want a LOT of sugar around this time, and I usually have some pretty bad moods. I know, it's so stereotypical, but I'll find myself being really pissed off by little things, maybe in tears over something stupid, and then I look at the calendar and it all makes a little more sense. On the upside, I'm not having any real mood disturbances at the moment so maybe this new regimen is helping with that.

On the downside, I had some crackers. Salty, delicious crackers. Dammit! There is just too much non-PCP stuff in my house, mostly still leftover from my daughter's birthday party. I forgot about most of it, but found myself prowling the pantry this afternoon. I have hardly "cheated" at all so I'm not too mad at myself, but I don't want to do that again. I'll be interested to see if these cravings go away after a couple of days. Who knows if they're physical or mental or both?

Anyway, workout was good again this morning, yay! Having a great music playlist is helping soooo much. I find myself dancing a little bit during my rests. I also paid more attention to moving through the exercises quickly, and finished in 59 minutes today! It's nice to just get it done efficiently.

This is a bit of a tough weekend -- my husband is working all day today, all day tomorrow, overnight tomorrow, and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (Then he gets seven days off, so no worries!) The daycare is closed on the weekend and my mom is still out of town, so it's just me and the toddler, all...day...long. I've been getting up at 5:30 to make sure I get my workout done by the time my husband needs to hand off to me and get out the door. Today I took a nap while she napped, which was just luscious. Tomorrow we do it all again!

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we'll go through the same cravings and foul mood for 80 gabillion months yet every month it's still a surprise until we check the calendar?

    I was craving sugar BIG TIME last week which was also when i was surfing the crimson tide. one of many good things bout the pcp is that there were fewer cramps and less extreme mood swings.

    love naps! nap away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have salty cravings a lot. not sugar so much, but definitely salty, crunchy stuff. I think it's more mental than physical for me, but around my period (last week) i did have more intense (and then quickly gone) cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

    i hae gone through this whole pcp with hardly a craving. ALL I WANT NOW IS FRUIT, I JUST WANT IT ALL THE TIME.

    not salty things though....

    but i just want to GORGE ON BERRIES ALWAYS and this week, finding little ways to sneak in extra apple. WAAANT LOADS OF FRUIT

    ReplyDelete