Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 43: New pics!

New pics are up! I didn't get a chance to post pictures last week -- things were really busy and I didn't see my husband for a few days, so didn't have his help to take them. I took a few myself but it took forever to work on the setup and in the end didn't have time to keep messing with it. There are eggs to boil, people!

So I'm really happy with the progress I'm seeing, especially in my upper body. My back and shoulders are making me really happy. My boobs have gotten smaller, which is really okay by me. They seem more proportional to my frame now. My legs, butt, and belly all still need a LOT of work. But I've seen a lot of improvement in six weeks and I'm confident that I'll see even more in the next half of this program.

Today's workout kicked my ass! (I could pretty much write this every day.) But I did it all -- with the usual plank failure, but tried my best -- and then really enjoyed my lunch. Big thanks to my husband for cooking some chicken for me so I didn't have to cook later when I was really hungry. :)

More eggs and "protein" for breakfast instead of an egg means gotta plan ahead more. I'm usually in a hurry in the morning -- trying to make my daughter's breakfast as well as my own -- so eggs have been working fine since they're so quick to make. But chicken or fish takes a bit longer. I have to confess that I have some culturally-ingrained ideas about what breakfast is, and in my world, it doesn't include chicken or fish. It's not donuts and coffee either, but I'm really not used to veggies and meat at breakfast. But once I wrap my head around what I'm going to fix, I like it.

We made a change to our social plans for today -- instead of taking my mom out to her favorite French restaurant, we're just going to celebrate with her tomorrow night at home, when we're already having some friends over for dinner. My mom agreed that it didn't make sense for me to try to go to this kind of place to eat -- either I would have to eat literally nothing there, or I could try to pick a "healthy" option but still be off plan. (My husband joked, "I don't think Patrick is all of a sudden going to say that butter and duck fat are okay!") So we'll visit the restaurant again sometime after the PCP is over, and we'll have dinner at home tomorrow where I can eat what I need to eat and enjoy everybody's company.

OK, toddler nap is over, back to work!

11 comments:

  1. YOUR progross is EXCELLENT! WE ARE NEAR HALFWAY DONE, jusst imagine the progress TIMES TWO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lookin' good, Missy! Keep feeling the burn in the legs, thighs, butt region and the changes will come.

    As for the breakfast protein, one word: frittata.
    You can throw in finely chopped previously cooked chicken, fish, veggies, pasta, whatever. Factor in 30g per egg as protein. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good compromise, nice that your family understands. The french restaurant will be there in a few weeks but PCP only comes around once a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still stuck with eggs for my breakfast protein. I love yolk, pains me to throw it away. So, I figure a jumbo egg with yolk is still OK for breakfast. Fish isn't bad for breakfast, though I'd prefer it fried.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS You are looking fabulous! You have beautiful shoulders, m'lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, your pictures are sexaaay! Seriously though, your arms are looking very toned and your stomach is shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara you look great! your arms are looking amazing! very nice and toned. yeah thats cool your family are understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara - you're looking great! Tightening up and toning. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara, you're looking great. I'm really impressed with the way you're able to handle your socializing and still keep up with the program.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the great work! And when enough of us listen to what our bodies really want for breakfast, we'll ingrain (or, hopefully, "un-grain" and "whole-grain") the culture to provide it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I was in NY, I did not have time to read everybody's post, so I am reading them now.
    I think it is great that your family is supporting you.
    And your pictures look great !!!!

    ReplyDelete