Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 51: Because you're not hardcore...

...unless you live hardcore...

I decided to heed Patrick's advice to rest when I was sick instead of trying to be hardcore and working out anyway. It was really hard for me to do -- I was unsure about making the decision for myself. But I felt so terrible yesterday morning that I knew I needed to rest -- so I decided to get some HARDCORE REST. Once I decided I was resting, I wasn't going to do some half-assed rest, hanging out on the computer, doing chores around the house but skipping my workout. This was going to be a HARDCORE day of resting.

It's funny but that's how I approached it! After I dropped my daughter off at daycare, I basically spent the next three hours horizontal on the couch, listening to the radio, sleeping a bit. I cannot remember the last time I did anything like that. I basically forced myself to stay still. I went to pick her up at noon, brought her home and got her in bed for her nap. As soon as she was down, I made my lunch then headed for my bed. Nap #2! Unbelievable! I had a shower after that second nap and felt soooooooo much better. She and I spent a quiet afternoon, going to the farmers market for tomatoes (I'm making it my mission to try as many different kinds of tomatoes as I can this summer) and hanging out with my mom for a bit. I went to bed early and woke up feeling loads better. Not 100% yet, but lots better.

As others are reporting, my boobs have also shrunk a lot. I'm okay with that -- they were too big anyway. After being pregnant for 9 months, then nursing for nearly a year, they'd been every possible size, and the bras I have don't really fit anyway. 5 more weeks and then I'll get some new ones!

I'm going to go do my workout in a few minutes. New pics are up! Everybody is looking awesome this week!

6 comments:

  1. Tara, your pictures look amazing!!! I'm going to call you the amazing shrinking woman. Your torso and waist are looking so much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good approach! When I'm sick, I'm the biggest freakin' baby! I'll call my friends and be like, PUUHLEEEAAASE bring me chicken soup, saltines and ginger ale! Then, I sleep and watch movies ALL DAY LONG.

    You ARE looking amazing, love the periwinkle shorts! It's like you're coming alive after a long, hard winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tara, abs muscle !! Really great pictures !

    And I'm glad that you had some HARDCORE REST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news. You have no idea how much muscle you made during those naps. Next week you're going to feel STRONG.

    Good work. You're learning how to truly care for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, to be sick, down for the count, AND making muscle all at the same time?? Who ever heard of such a thing?!? You must be some kind of superhero, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats great you got all that rest! get better soon! lemon drinks! and you are looking great! haha thats a good movie.

    ReplyDelete