Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 39: Sore, awesome

Lots to do to get ready for the kiddo's birthday party tomorrow so blogging will be brief. Did my whole workout this morning, feeling all the more virtuous because I know that I'm burning more fat than I would if I were working out later in the day. I do the morning workouts because they fit best with my schedule, though, so it's nice to know I'm getting added benefit from something I'm already doing! How often does that happen?!

My legs are sore, sore, sore. So much leg work this week! I can really feel my muscles getting stronger, though, so it's worth it. Abs and back also sore this week too. My arms aren't sore today but I am loving the way they look so much!

And I just have to brag a little bit on my Jedi move this morning: opened a bag of M&Ms and didn't eat one. Let me explain... we're using M&Ms to help my daughter in potty training. A friend suggested we give her one M&M every time she uses the potty, and it really is working. (I'm starting to question this, actually, since I don't want to set her up for a lifetime of feeling rewarded by sugar, but here we are...) We have a little tin of them that had been a party favor somewhere, but when the tin was empty, I bought another bag. This morning, I opened the bag, refilled the tin, wrapped the rest of the bag up and put it in her closet. A month or two ago, I would have helped myself to a few because, well, they're M&Ms and they're there. A couple of weeks ago, I would have had "just one" because, duh, chocolate. But today, I wasn't interested. I know there's an open bag of M&Ms in her closet, I can get some anytime I want and nobody has to know, but it's just not what I want right now. They're really not that appealing. (Uh, who am I again? Wow!)

Hope everybody has a terrific day!

3 comments:

  1. This is why month one is so hard! Once the cravings are gone, you're not having to wage a constant mental battle to get through the day. It just doesn't occur to you to eat that stuff anymore.

    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Tara!knowing those m&ms are there and not wanting one is great. your arms are looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not being tempted and it is amazing to me how my appetite has changed!! Yahoo!!! The hard times are behind us!!

    Now we want apples and broccoli!

    ReplyDelete