Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 10 Thoughts

In a bit of a hurry today so just some quick thoughts on Day 10! Woo hoo!
  • I don't think I've ever exercised every day for 10 days straight. Ever. In my whole life.

  • Same pain in the back of my legs during jumping today. Almost brought me to my first PCP tears. (I said almost.) Stopped and stretched a lot between sets of 100. Hoping this is just a strengthening issue that will work itself out over the next few days.

  • I added some gentle twists, hip openers, and a 5-minute savasana to the end of my workout, and it was lovely. I remember reading somewhere that the last part of an experience is what you tend to remember most -- so, for example, if you end a workout with the hardest exercise and you're really struggling, that will be the largest thing in your mind when you think back on that workout. I got up from my workout feeling refreshed and nicely wrung out, in a good way. I think I'm going to continue to build in time for those stretches and a little savasana at the end.

  • Vegetables for breakfast are so not my thing. But I'm eating them anyway!

  • When hard-boiling eggs, make sure the water is really boiling before you turn it off. Otherwise, you get somewhat-hard-boiled eggs with this nasty goopy yolk.

  • Fresh cantaloupe is a most excellent snack.
Hope everybody has a good day 10!

7 comments:

  1. You know what's funny, I love my eggs soft-boiled. That nasty goopy yolk is my FAVORITE part. Mmmmm...yum! When I was a little girl, my dad used to make me a dippy egg for brekie in the morning. Sunny side up, I'd open up that yolk and dip my toast in it. Hence, dippy eggs!

    I'm so proud of all of us for exercising 10 days in a row! I think it's a first for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were kind of in-between soft-boiled and hard-boiled. Like the yolks were gummy or something. I thought I'd save time in the morning by hard-boiling some eggs rather than scrambling, but I think I'll have to try again. I'm the kind of person that always asks for my fried eggs to have hard yolks -- can't do the runny stuff. :)

    We're 1/9th of the way through. That sounds both big and small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be a veggie for breakfast convert in no time, once you see how much energy you have all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so well. Seriously. Bravo!

    I am on your side about the eggs...hate the runny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the runny egg side! (heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm i prefer no runny unless i can put salt on it! so im going with full boiled. I know 10 days of exercise is brilliant! good work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veggies for breakfast?? Like, kale and stuff? My husband started eating something he calls "Russian breakfast" last week (based on the dinner-party leftovers he found in the fridge): poached fish and potato salad. Somehow I don't think that's what you're talking about, though...

    ReplyDelete