Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 26: Tears and Carrot Cake

First PCP tears today, after third 30-second plank. I read about the other group doing 90-second planks and I am incredulous, but I try not to think about it, because my job now is to do 3 30-second planks with 15-second rest. I got through it all today, with much trembling and grunting and teeth-clenching, and then after the final one, collapse on the floor and spontaneous tears. I'm not sure where the tears came from -- relief, maybe? Exhaustion? Going to a place I haven't been before? I was okay after about 30 seconds and I feel just fine now, even cleansed a little bit. I feel like I just passed some kind of test.

Good news: my knee is feeling a lot better! I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today but then did 100 jumps, just to see. OK, a little twinge, not great, but better. I'm really happy to feel some improvement.

Going for my indulgence later today: it's going to be carrot cake. (Royce, are you doing carrot cake too? My brother!) I've done some research and it looks like this place has the best carrot cake in town. My husband and daughter are going to come along, too, and we'll all enjoy a little something sweet together.

I'm looking forward to it, although my bad habits *never* included going to a cafe in the afternoon for a piece of cake. I'm thinking I may also pick up something junky at the grocery store and have a bite or two, just to see what that's like, because that was my habit until last month. It's embarrassing to admit that this is what I used to do -- I never told anybody about it, and now here I am writing it on the Internets -- but I'm hoping that the embarrassment I feel will help keep me from picking up that habit again in the future.

I hope everybody -- including our vacationing PCPers -- is having a lovely Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. hahah THE CARROT CAAKE. i was going to get my favorite carrot cae in town until i found out it was like 800 calories. I don't wanna throw any of that beautiful round cupcake away so I think i'll go with a cookie or one of the cafes lemon tarts or chocolate mousse thangs. im really thrilled to look in the glass window and pick something. GOOD luck with your indulgence, may it be satisfying, but not tooo satisfying hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. First tears! Awesome. More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great, fabulous, Patrick takes pride in making us cry. :)

    I got out of bed and within the first 10 waking minutes had a mini cry-fest. Sometimes I think ya just need a good cry. :) My workout actually calmed me and put me back into the positive place.

    ReplyDelete