Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 25: Making it work... again

OK, here's how my day has gone so far:

5:30 - Alarm goes off, get dressed, scramble an egg, drink some milk, put coffee in to-go cup, grab rest of breakfast and fruit from fridge (measured last night), munch the remainder of breakfast in the car.

6:30 - Get to radio station, play 4 hours of classical music.

11:00 - Race back home, grab swimsuit & goggles stashed in the car, swim 30 minutes. Dry off, change, pick up my daughter at noon.

12:30 - Daughter in bed for her nap, go change clothes again, do rest of the workout. Holy CRAP v-sits are hard. Awkward is not the word. I laughed my way through them because I felt so silly. Floor jumps were scary in theory but really fun in practice.

1:30 - Showered, made lunch, eating. Daughter will probably wake up in the next 30 minutes, then we're going to the library and the grocery. I'm on duty until she goes to bed around 7:30, at which point I will probably pass out.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it all. But I got my workout in today and for that I'm happy. The new exercises were fun, and I'm totally surprised to hear myself saying that.

I was excited to see Patrick's email about the coming indulgence, and I have to say that it also makes me a little nervous. I've done so well with resisting certain things that I'm afraid I'll unleash the beast again, so to speak. I'm trying to decide if I should get what I *really* want or go for something a little less sugar-laden. I'm leaning towards going for what I want (I think that would be carrot cake) because I don't want to waste my indulgence on something so-so. It still might not be all that but I want to put in my best effort here too!

And just in case Patrick's rules for eating get you too confused, or you get tired of following them, here's another set of rules I found online today. This list reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Dr. Nick tells Marge about a new diet: she can eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Marge says, "Wow, and you still lose weight?" He shrugs and says, "Well, you might. It's a free country!"

Happy Friday, everybody!

3 comments:

  1. What do you do when the classical music is playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decide what I'm going to play next! Catch up on email, surf the web... oh wait. I guess I could do some V-SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!
    Superwoman!!
    Bravo!

    How about Plank while playing music???

    ReplyDelete