Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 11: Shopping

So today I took a little shopping trip to Whole Foods, and I bought... whole foods. Blueberries, kale, carrots, peppers, bananas, mushrooms, tomatoes, yogurt, chicken, and whole wheat tortillas. There's a lot of yummy stuff at Whole Foods, chocolate of all kinds, luscious pastries, sushi, but I bypassed it all in favor of FOOD. (Craziest item spotted: bacon chocolate chip pancake mix. Say what??) And the funniest thing is that it wasn't too hard to leave all that other stuff out of my cart, because I have a goal, and those things won't help me get there. (I keep telling myself they'll be waiting for me on the other side of the PCP if I still want them. That's a big IF, but it makes me feel better.)

I usually shop with a list because I have certain recipes in mind, but today I just picked up things that looked good. It was kind of strange, but I felt really proud of myself checking out. I'll head to the farmers' market near me in the morning and see what looks good there too. I feel like I'm learning a whole new way to cook.

Workout was tough again today, but I did it all. Most thrilling thing: the first set of leg-ups was relatively easy. Shockingly easy, actually! Leg-ups are so hard for me that I was putting off doing them -- the last exercise of the day, but I was avoiding getting started because I was dreading them. And then the first set was like whoosh. Second set was harder, third and fourth were murder. But that first set was worth all the work.

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. What do you know, you're getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God isn't whole foods amazing? one thing I miss about Toronto...among many other things. Congrats on the leg lifts. They were killer for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything that is wrong with eating in America: "bacon chocolate chip pancake mix", at Whole Foods no less! Imagine the crap they sell at "normal" supermarkets.
    Revel in the joy of taking control of your food and getting Peaky -- it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole Foods! I can't wait to visit there when I go to NY in July. I will be cocking at my friends kitchen!!

    We are getting stronger everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muscles are your friends!!! Leg up leg up leg up...

    You are doing so well! Seriously. I'm proud of you, mama.

    ReplyDelete