Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quote of the day

This quote came my way today and really spoke to me. See what you think.

"The only way to relate with the present situation of spirituality or the neurotic state of the moment is by meditation. I don't mean sitting meditation only, but relating with the emotional situations of daily life in a meditative way, by working with them, being aware of them as they come up. Every situation then becomes a learning process. These situations are the books; they are the scriptures." -- Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

I am currently learning from the situation of steaming kale.

5 comments:

  1. Ha!
    All I know is cut off the stems when you have less than two hours to chew your kale.
    I'd try a big skillet with a lid after first sauteeing some onions and mustard seeds. Mmm... kale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, I love kale! for a sort-of crunchy snack you can spread chopped kale out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for a while. The longer you bake the crunchier and nuttier it gets. Very tasty and fun! (and weighs nothing so could be a nice little bonus to a meal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if they sell kale here. Im gona try some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT!? baked KALE CRUNCHY SNACK?......very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to make kale chips, but with big delicious crystals of kosher salt. I'll have to try it the PCP way!

    I love Jennifer's idea -- gonna have to try that too...

    ReplyDelete